Thursday, November 5, 2009

It Was The Worst Phone Call We Ever Got...

Funeral's always bring out the stories for people, about the person that has passed or others that have gone before. Having attended a funeral this past week so close to the day my dad passed away had many people talking about him at the funeral home. One of my cousin's wives talked to me about getting the phone call from my cousin, and not being able to understand what he was saying because he was crying so hard.

At first I thought I don't want to hear this I have my own story, however I do realize that hearing this just reiterates how much my dad meant to so many people which was shown by the number of people that came to his funeral.

Although every year this day seems to be so hard, it helps some to know how much he affected peoples lives. We have missed having you around so much that it still really hurts to think of what you weren't here for Bub and Shyguy's births, E., Turtle's graduation from high school and my own graduation from college. Plus all the little things the birthdays, visits, helping with everything that you could and throwing a really good barbecue. If I could have just one more day, conversation, hug, and laugh, but I know that wouldn't work, because I will always just want one more day, conversation, hug, and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment