Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

Today my dad would have been 73 years old. For some reason this year the thought of his birthday has really bothered me, I have teared up several times these past few days and this is all I can attribute it too. It just seems so unfair that he died when he was 66 years old. A year older than my Grandpa Ivan. When my dad turned 66 we had a small party for him, because he was so excited to have made it past 65, due to the fact his dad didn't, and one of his brothers didn't either. Unfortunately he only made it one more year. It's so crazy to think about, usually if I was in Michigan, I would go out to the cemetery and take a Big Gulp, since this was my dad's favorite there was always one in his truck. My mom thinks its embarrassing to see a Big Gulp, on the headstone. However, we have doing this since the day he died, and even my nephews will ask what kind of pop is it, making sure we got the caffeine free diet coke that Grandpa Pat enjoyed. Since I wasn't able to do this today I think the next time I'm in town I'll get him the Double Super Big Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment