Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank-You Good Samaritans

I really should have posted this the other night instead of my paranoid, but I needed to get that off my chest. The other evening I was stopped at a stop sign and my car just stopped. This is a somewhat busy intersection, and cars of course backed up and honked. Although 2 people got out and helped me push the car across the street to a driveway. I thought that I might be out of gas this was the only thing I could think of, yeah I know wouldn't the gas gauge say...well my gas gauge does not work so I go by mileage, unfortunately since I have had other things on my mind I didn't pay attention to this I made a comment to one of the good Samaritans and one replied that he didn't live that far away and had some gas at his house. He left and in the mean time I called my roommate to see if she could come and get me, in case he didn't come back or that wasn't the problem. However, the gentleman did come back and put enough gas in the car that I was able to make it to the gas station. It was so nice of this man to do this and I unfortunately didn't have any cash on me to give him, he wouldn't take a check or anything for this so once again I really want to thank this man.

Now I know people are thinking that I should get my gas gauge fixed, however I have talked it over with a mechanic and he said its not really worth it, it would cost a lot and I can watch the mileage. I guess I just need to pay a little closer attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment