Monday, August 31, 2009

Sometimes I Miss The Airport...

Lately I have been staying up until 2,3,4 in the morning for no reason whatsoever anyway the other night they were on PBS (strange as that is in it of itself). However, they had a show about the Miami airport and how it works throughout the day. It showed the customer service agents working flights and getting yelled at (oh the memories of being told to F. off and what a Bitch I was, to having to call the sheriff for a drunk or combative passenger). They also showed the ramp tower which I worked in and how people direct aircraft traffic, also it showed what happens in bad weather (although they didn't show the people screaming how the weather was the customer service agent's fault....I know I used to mess with the weather to get screamed at for 12 hours straight...It was FUN). Yeah even my mom told me I got mean when I worked at the airport, my own mom! However, in my defense there are not many people who can say that they have had to call the sheriff to have help boarding a plane, because the crowd has gotten so out of control. Yet, there were awesome times of playing games during downtime (Death Is Not An Option, or our own version of pictionary and drama club), the people I met there are great and though I have lost touch with most, I really do miss them a lot. Still I can't believe that I would miss this place as much as I do sometimes...Even to the point that I saw a job posting for a airline job and applied just for the thought...maybe it wouldn't be that bad....yeah we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment