Monday, March 30, 2009

I Have Had The Worst Day...

Originally posted in November 2008~

You know how you have some relatives that say really dumb things to you, when they don't know what to say. This is a prime example...

At the funeral home when my dad passed away we took turns being by my mom's side. However, somehow none of us were there when one of my cousins came up to my mom who had been in the car accident with my dad and was injured nothing bad, but still sore from being jostled around. Anyway, my cousin who I shall call Mimi (because at one of our family gatherings one of my nephews said she looked like Mimi from the Drew Carey show). So as my mom is standing by the casket of her husband who she has been married to for 45 years, she hears from Mimi, "I have had the worst day, I got to work and the machine wasn't working right and blah, blah blah" all the while my mom is just staring at her.

My mom didn't tell any of us this story until a couple of months after the funeral, and all of us just starred at her when she told us that story. To say that our jaws were on the floor is an understatement however after the inital shock and thought of wanting to go and smack Mimi on the head, we can now look back and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment