Monday, March 30, 2009

Sadly It's Been Six Years...

This was originally posted on November 5, 2008.

It's been six years since I got the phone call that made me stop breathing for a minute. The call that no one ever wants to receive that your mom and dad have been in a car accident, you lose any thought in your mind as you ask if they are OK...hearing "they think mom will be OK, but dad didn't make it." Every coherent thought you have has just left you, as you start crying hysterically. Trying to reach family and friends, but not being able to talk so that they can understand. Wanting to have just one more minute with him, but knowing that it will never, ever happen again.

That one week was one of the longest one's of my life, it started with a baptism on Sunday, and a Funeral on the following Saturday. I remember some parts so vividly and others I can't seem to recall at all. I have never cried so much that I thought I couldn't cry anymore, and then crying that much more.

Things have never been the same or even close to it...Dad there is not to many days that go by that I don't think of you and wish that you were here to help and to laugh with. I still miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment